Control Freak!

Just wanted to take a minute and update everyone on my son.  A lot of you have been praying for him and checking in on him and that has been overwhelming and kind.  You will never know how much that has meant to us.  Cayden was diagnosed with pneumonia a few weeks ago and is now doing much better thanks to your prayers.  The big thing that we were worried about was the small seizures/convulsions he was having.  The doctor's had him go through an e.e.g. which is a test that monitors him while he is sleeping.  That test came back negative, meaning he passed with flying colors.  They have basically said he is fine and doesn't need any further testing at this point.  Thanks again for the prayers.  I discovered something about God through all this.  If you have kids you will understand what I'm about to describe to you.  When your kids are sick, you feel HELPLESS!!  I so wanted to take his place through this process.  I wanted to control the situation and make it better but I couldn't.  I felt like I was not able to protect him and that really bothered me.  I was fighting for control and God is giving His up.  Let me explain.  God could control us if he chose to but he doesn't.  He gives us the freedom to choose and therefore relinquishes control.  I don't have it and want it... He has it and chooses not to use it.  It has to be so hard for him to watch us make decisions that ultimately hurt us and others when He could step in at any moment and change it... If I had the control I long for would I even come close to making the right decisions with it...

0 comments: